Mower fuel consumption

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scottishmaximus, Nov 15, 2004.

1. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

Just curious as to how much fuel engines are burning per hour. I have a eXmark tthp with a 17hp kawi that consumes about .8 gallons per hour which equals 1.25 hours per gallon.
    Any others??

2. Freshcut Lawn Care

Freshcut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Very Good Question scottishmaximus!

I don't currently have the foggiest idea...but it is certainly something I should be tracking!

I just seem to fill the tanks when they are low or empty, but I guess I should be paying more attention to this important detail! :blush:

Thanks for asking!

3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Not sure. What I can tell you is that we run mostly walk behinds. I demoed a Scag tiger Cub, and told the guy he could keep the machine. Thing sucked up over 10 gallons in just 1 day.I can get about a 2 days on our walk behinds. :)

4. BobcatZT

BobcatZT LawnSite Member

Not sure on the actual terms of the Bobcat ZT Rider, but ours has the 25 HP Kohler and it holds 9 1/2 gallons and will go about 10-11 hours till it runs out.

5. ICE

ICE LawnSite Member

Paponte,
    What brand, make, model do you guys run and for how many hours do you run them per day? I have the exmark tthp 17hp kawi as well, but never really gauged the fuel consumption.

Tim.

6. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've gotta Grasshopper diesel with a 4.5 gallon tank. i can run all day and part of the next day with that.

7. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Toro 36" 15 hp kawi on it and will last 22 hrs per tank in summer and 15 hrs per tank in spring. Fill it once every 2 weeks.

8. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

17 Kawis on 48" Wright Standers, and usually about 8-10 hours on the meter between tank fills..I think the tanks are 6 gallons

9. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

About 1.1 gallon per hour on the 27 kholer those are my numbers and i have tracked it I did read some BS scag chart that had me using over 2 gallons and hour but I can say thank god that is not the case.

10. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 17 Kaw. on a Scag 72" W/B and don't have the foggiest idea how much fuel it uses because there is no hour meter but my 52" Tiger Cub uses about 1.25 gallons per hour running a 23 Kaw.