Mower Graveyard

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by RN Lawncare, Sep 4, 2009.

1. RN Lawncare

RN Lawncare LawnSite Member

Here is the when we painted the recoil, and the motor (which looks wayyyyyy better then the before picture) and the new gas line.

Viking 36 Project 010.jpg

Viking 36 Project 015.jpg

Viking 36 Project 016.jpg
  2. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

never saw a chain going to the tranny like that.
  3. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

thought the same thing myself.

Looks like a lot of work man, but it'll be like new when you're done. hows the motor run?
  4. RN Lawncare

Yah it is but worth it! Actually the motor isn't running because the timing is off I think. Like you'll pull it and after the rope is recoiled almost is when it tries to start. Any Suggestions?!
  5. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

on the older style exmarks they got that chain...i got a real old turf tracer that has the smae thing...kinda doing the same thing hes doing but im not makin mine look prety just run lol
  6. RN Lawncare

Lol I'm making mine run to but i'm losing my temper with the problems I keep finding while fixing another one. So i've been looking at some mowers and new weedwackers and stuff.
  7. EagleGrounds

EagleGrounds LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like your off to a good start, i just replied in your other thread. Looks like a great project mower! I'd love to get something old and beat up like that to work on over time. Preferably an old farm tractor to restore.
  8. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, looks like it's going to be a lot of work, but hopefully it will be worth it.
  9. grbillings

grbillings LawnSite Member

check the key that connects the motor crank to the fly wheel sometimes the back fire of a engine will bend crank key and will mess up the timing some engines will still run but not good others will try to start but wont.... good luck..I,m still looking for Scag walk behind parts..36" or 48" belt drive..
  10. RN Lawncare

Alright, I'll check the key. And I looked for you and there were no scag parts:cry:sorry billings but I looked. And i'm gonna check the valves because there isn't as much compression as I first thought.