Mower Hitch?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by qualitylandscaping, Apr 7, 2004.

1. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Anybody know where I can get a hitch for my Deere 717? I want to get a new Lesco tow-behind aerator so I don't have to use my huge bulky annoying walkbehind all the time.

I talked to the Deere customer service reps and they said that Deere doesn't make one but there should be one available aftermarket..

If you know where I can find one or can make on for me, let me know!

Thanks,
    Steve

2. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I made one.It's just a large eye bolt.Drill a hole and insert eye-bolt.I assume your JD is a Z correct?
    Worked fine on my Toro.

3. qualitylandscaping

Yep its a Z..

How much weight are you towing?

4. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

steve go to a welding shop and get a nice beefy one made, i would make my own but i know not eveyone has access to a welder

5. qualitylandscaping

I'm gonna try the eye bolt idea.. If it doesn't work, I'll find someone to weld a setup for me..

6. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Get a large eye bolt.I used flat washers and lock washers to secure it.I've towed my aerator,dump cart,and spreader with it.No problems as of yet.

7. Rook00

Rook00 LawnSite Member

Do-It-Your-Self= cheap

8. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

That was what i was saying Rook00 but he probaly dont have access to a welder

9. qualitylandscaping

nvm.. I went to my Deere dealer and they found a hitch kit that fit (off a Gator).. So I bought the $35 kit..

As for the welder, I would rather let the pro's tackle that kind of stuff. I don't have the time to do it, or the urge for that matter.

10. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Gotta run the eye bolt now for inginuity. I learn something everyday. SOOOOOOOOOOOO simple, NICE.:p :p :p :blob3: