mower in hole pics, lol

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THEGOLDPRO, Aug 17, 2007.

1. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

so today i was mowing around, and out of no where the ground just gave way and sank, and boom the mower was stuck, had to yank it out with the truck. weird part was when i looked in the hole it seemed to go for like 10 more feet, not down, but across, like under the rest of the grass, seemed like something was digging underthe grass, and made it collapse with the weight of the mower.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lawnboy858

lawnboy858 LawnSite Senior Member

had the same thing happen to me in a customers back yard. Had to bring my ATV in on my trailer, through their gate in and pull my ZTR out with a tow strap. They say it used to be a POND.

3. THEGOLDPRO

yeah i was lucky i was able to get the truck in no problem, so it was fast and easy to pull it out, but it still sucked.

4. lawnboy858

lawnboy858 LawnSite Senior Member

see that picture in my sig. thats right after i got it home and in the garage, you can see the dried mud. you should have seen the back LOL.

5. Turfinator1

Turfinator1 LawnSite Member

almost looks like some kind of pipe

6. THEGOLDPRO

nope no pipe, just a hole, lol i was on my hands and knees looking in the hole.

7. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

sorta a real sinkingfeeling shame the zeros donot have 4 wheel drive. LOL

8. THEGOLDPRO

lol yeah i know, the left tire was barely on the ground it just spun and spun

9. Kid With A Mower

Kid With A Mower LawnSite Member

Lol, that's weird. Some kind of sink-hole, sometimes builders bury tree stumps. Then when they disintagrate it leaves a void in the ground. Add some weight to the top of it and presto u have a mower in a hole. Not sure if this is what happened, but just a theory. Hope the customer wasn't home, that would have been pretty embarrassing pulling you're mower out of a hole while the customer watches.

10. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Whoops. I can't say that I havn't done the same thing with a 72" Scag, only both rear wheels sank.