mower is stalling/cutting out

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Expert Lawns, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

my lazer hp is starting to stall and cut out at times. at first i thought my hydrolic oil level was too high so i took some out and got it back down to the top of the baffle. also, my brake lever is loose and it gets looser as i mow (especially bumpy lawns). could this be the problem? sometimes if i bounce up and down on the seat, that will fix it too, but my seat mechanism seems to be in tact. i just hit 850 hours on my 21 horse kaw. i'm going to get a tune up and have the throttle cable checked (for other reasons), but i would like to be able to fix this myself to save a few thousand dollars, seeing how labor charges are at mower shops. any suggestions? thanks

2. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Try changing the gas filter. Also, we have a bobcat rider and the seat slides for driver comfort. Unfortunately, when it slides it was wearing the casing of the wiring which ran beneath the seat and shorting out, check that as well.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

If you would like someone to look at it, give me a holler. We work on Lazers all the time for SEVERAL local lco's. My friend that has a shop (also an lco) has 6 Lazers himself and a full time mechanic. He is WAY cheaper than the dealership. He can have your stuff running right AND save you some money.

4. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Fix your loose break lever - the moving lever is probably contacting one of the 'interlock' switches causing the engine to cut out (my guess)..

BobR

5. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

thanks for the tips guys.

Joe, i'll look for your number in the phone book, but PM me with it anyways. thanks

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Garret,
    You have a PM.