mower issues

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Shannon Phillips, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Shannon Phillips

Shannon Phillips LawnSite Member
    from indiana

I want to start off by saying, I am not upset or mad, just curious. I purchased 1 tt 23hp, 60" cut and 1 15 hp, 36" cut this spring. First question is on my 60", I did not get the ECS or "standard" parking brake. And also on the 36" I did not get the ECS either. I am just curious if the dealer or manufacture is responsible for the sales of model years. ie. I bought my machines in 2002 and recieved left over 2001 and never even knew about it. Thank you for any info possible on my situation. Shannon Phillips:

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

IT'S A 01

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Shannon,

We did offer ECS or Pistol grips for 2002. If your TT60,23HP had 18" tires on it from the factory it's a 2002.

Thanks, Fred.

4. Shannon Phillips

Shannon Phillips LawnSite Member
    from indiana

I understand that I have 2001 models, but my question is why did I get the leftovers without being told, I didn't know the difference until it was to late.

5. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

The dealer was just happy to get rid of the machines. If you dont ask you wont be told in a lot of situations.

6. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Shannon,

The difference between 2001 and 2002 your TT60 is we came out with 18" tires and ECS handles. I believe that this was a running change and there was a few that had pistol grips. The biggest change was we offered the new style front frame and the 604 deck.

The cost different between the unit are about $300.00. I hope this helps let us know.

Thanks, Fred.

7. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Shannon, sounds like your dealer put you first, AFTER HIMSELF!

If you thought you were buying a 2002 year model machine and he didn't tell you they were left over 2001's, it sounds like possible fraud to me. I'd suggest that you check with your attorney on this - you might have an action you could bring against the dealer.