Mower Jack?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasssin, Apr 2, 2004.

1. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

I was also wondering, to get underneath a 48" Z HP do I need a mower jack or can I use a car jack? Really dont want to spend the $350 on another gadget right now just to change blades and clean deck......
  2. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I run my Non Exmark 54" up on the trailer ramp. 3 tires make contact with the ground/ramp and the 4th overhangs the ramp. Haven't had any problems with instability.

Also there is a product called JungleJim Jack. Its like $150U.S.

Car Ramps work too. One of the members uses a Ceiling mounted Hoist for storing his machine in the air. Very cool setup.
  3. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Jungle Jack...the best I;ve found/used
  4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Jungle jack and dont forget the jungle hut too!
  5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

If you own a Wright Stander the jungle jack is a requirement in tools you needs to maintain. I bought one for $120. Worth every penny. A carjack will work on lazers but put a jack stand under the frame. Don't ever get under anything held up only by a hydraulic jack. You could used the trailer ramp. I used it on every piece of equipment i work on.
  6. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

Best investment you can make. It is well worth it's weight in goal. I keep it with me all the time. Never leave home without it!!!
  7. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Just pick the thing up, an put a jack stand under it!!!!!

What do ya wanna spend $$$ on needless stuff for?

I have never seen so many wooses in my life.........I have a 60" lazer, an I pick up the thing an stick a jack stand under it...50lb weights on each side as well.......Will I spend money on a contraption to help me lift the deck? I think not.......:rolleyes:
  8. cs lawn

cs lawn LawnSite Member

I use a 2-12 on the back(tail gate) of my pick-up works great!
  9. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

You can also use your trailer ramp. Just drive one wheel close to the edge......... Instant jack......
  10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

You know I've been meaning to post about this and just haven't. Since I fell and hrut my back last fall there will be no more of what I used to do..... pick up the front of the Z by hand and kick an 8x16 masonry block under one front tire the 16" way. I know that sounds insane but I really used to do that in the field and at home I had a really high stand I built where I would back the Z up to a ditch where the rear wouldn't hit so I could raise it really high and stick the stand under.

So anyways back to what I been meaning to post. I started this season by trying the trailer ramp which in my case didn't give much lift since my gate doesn't have dogs and the rear of my truck is light. So I said to myself, I said "self... why bother rolling around in gravel for no more lift than that?" Why not run it up on a car ramp on the floor of the trailer and clean the gunk out of the trailer floor. So I did that.

After doing that a few times I thought of what all us dummies should have thought of long ago. WHY NOT PUT THE CAR RAMP ON THE TRAILER RAMP? It works great! It lifts me high enough for the rear to hit.

I really should get the jungle jack though. All of us need one in case we get a flat out in the field and the mower can't be moved for some reason.