Mower jacks....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Feb 21, 2004.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Who here uses mower jacks (more in terms of ZTR's)? Which brand are you using, and what did you pay for it?

Are you happy with it?

Do you feel they get in the way when you're trying to work underneath the deck? (sorta seem like they might)

Do they raise the deck high enough for you? (sorta seems like they don't).

Anyone built their own? I know the manufactured ones are kind of pricey (at least I feel they are).

2. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

jungle jack is great! I can lift any ZTR quickly and safely. The first time I lifted my Z, I pushed hard to try to make it fall. It was very sturdy. When I change blades, I still slide a cinder block under the deck. No matter what, Its not coming down on me!
  3. BiggFooT

BiggFooT LawnSite Member

I bought a small floor jack and it works ok, but if I had it to do over again I would go with a chain hoist instead.
  4. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

For my toro z-100 I got the z-stand. It just stays attached to the mower at all times, and to jack up the mower you just flip it down and drive forward, thus lifitng the front up. The stand does not really get in the way but it doesn't lift it way up. It goes up far enough for me to work under it though, and I have never had a problem with it.
  5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

On the Gravely, there is a Lift Master option. I can't remember the price. [​IMG]
  6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

That's my concern about some of them, they don't look like they jack it up very high.

And then some of the double wide ones (the ones w/two wheels and arms) look like they would get in the way of where you're trying to work.

There was a recent thread about a crane/hoist that mounts in the bed of your pick up truck (I even posted in that thread, putting a link to NorthernTool for one of these cranes).
    I'm starting think that might be the way to go. It could either go in the truck bed, or on the trailer.
    Then I could jack the mower up as high as it can go before the backend hits the ground, and there wouldn't be anything in the way when I'm trying to work underneath (scraping the deck for the most part).

I currently run it up onto the trailer ramp and hang a wheel off the side, but I really don't like that method.

Oh well, thanks for the input so far.
  7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

8. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Yep, that would deff. work!
  9. FlatLander

FlatLander LawnSite Member
    from PA

How about a set of Car Ramps?? you can drive the front of your ztr onto it, and have enough room to work.
  10. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

You can take this thing with you! If you get in a jam it will help you out enormously (from experience).

Leverage and fulcrum based, it is a steal at $125.00. Found mine on 3 years ago.

You will not be dissapointed!