1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mower just listed on eBay.....

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Meadowbrook, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Meadowbrook

Meadowbrook LawnSite Senior Member

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

not to stiff ebay. but have your tried Craigs List. I moved a bunch of stuff, its free, and its is fairly localized....

Also. if you're reseves is set at 4,700, why start bidding so low? I never understood why peopel do that. not criticizing, just wondering....

3. MartinsMowing

MartinsMowing LawnSite Member

its cheaper to list with ebay, they charge you more for a higher starting bid

4. Meadowbrook

Right....and I did just list it on Craigslist.com. It's in the York, Pennsylvania section.

Plus......a free bump

5. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice Ford Dump truck you have

6. Bolo9092

Bolo9092 LawnSite Member

and starting your bid lower will also atract more bids.I have put things on there with say and starting bid of $2500 and not get the first bid but go back and relist the same item with a low starting bid and get more than what I started it at in the first auction.BTW the reserve was the same as it was the first time I listed it

7. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

Not on topic really but a bump for you :)

In regards to the reserve/lower starting bid issue. It has been my experience that a no reserve auction sells better than an auction with a reserve.

The lower starting bid does not help much if there is a reserve. JMHO and my personal experience.

8. Meadowbrook

Bump....hopefully this link still works. I still have the mower. $3700 cash & it's yours. Possible delivery if needed.

9. Meadowbrook

Bump.......I'll take an offer as long as it's reasonable. I think the link will still work, if not PM me & I'll get you pictures & a vid of it running & mowing.

Chris

10. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Most people add the high price to shipping.....reserve $200 shipping $4000...less fees