1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mower Keeps Breaking!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by G. Ramey, Jun 16, 2010.

1. G. Ramey

G. Ramey LawnSite Senior Member

So far this year l. side wheel motor, l. side hydraulic pump, new hydraulic lines on the l. side, three spindles, a deck belt, blades, oil and filter for the hydraulic system, oil and filter for the engine and today a new clutch. What else can go wrong!:cry:

2. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 LawnSite Senior Member

And what mower would we be talking about? How old is it? How many hours?

3. KyLawnscapes

KyLawnscapes LawnSite Member

Welcome to the club. Unless you have mowers with warranties youll have stuff break and sometimes it happens day after day.

4. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

It happens - no matter what make or model! Welcome to the good life!

5. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 LawnSite Senior Member

If it's fairly new, and/or with low hours, it shouldn't be breaking down THAT much. I was just wanting to know, so I'd know what brand to stay away from.....

6. G. Ramey

G. Ramey LawnSite Senior Member

It's been a good mower. Hustler mini z. 1100 plus hours. I have had it for 4 and a half years. It has had a rough life. I cut two cemetaries. Lots of turning and backing up. I guess a $1000 in parts is still cheaper than a new mower. I looked at a new hustler z4 at two different dealers. One dealer is a thousand dollars cheaper than the other, but $7500 is still a lot of dough. There isn't much left to replace, maybe I can make a little profit with what is left of this year.