1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mower Leaves Two Stripes of Uncut Grass???

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mowerman48, Sep 1, 2006.

1. mowerman48

mowerman48 LawnSite Member

I have a 2001 48" Exmark Hydro Walk behind mower. When I cut even at slow speeds on some yards I'll get two ridges where the blades over lap that doesn't cut. I've tightened belts, cleaned out debris under the deck, Sharpened and replaced the blades. I'm still having the problem. It doesn't make is the grass is dry or wet, it still happens. I'm running 16-1/4" Mamba High lift Mulching blades. I would really appreciate your thoughts. The mower has 6 speed designations I normally mow at 2-1/2 to 3, Is this reasonable? could I go faster

Thanks Kyle

Exmark 1.jpg
  2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

use the solid lift exmark blades.
  3. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

Check your spindles may have a bad one or more.
  4. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i have that same setup. mine cuts fine did you measure the blades? Walker had a batch of 42'' blades marked with the 48'' part # that screwed with me for a week or so earlier this summer....
  5. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

maybe a blade or two is upside down? maybe too short of blades? loose belt? worn belt too deep in the pulleys?
  6. elshauno

elshauno LawnSite Member

You should be able to go faster with that mower. as far as whats wrong I have no clue
  7. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

If you sharpen your blades alot, it coud be caused by rounded corners on the blades.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Most All Ways It's Your Blades Keep Us Posted.
  9. Godfather

Godfather LawnSite Member

the tines on the back of the blades change air flow. I had gators leaving mohawks too
  10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Try solids:cry: