Mower Lift

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kfish, Jan 7, 2006.

1. kfish

kfish LawnSite Member

Been using walk behind. Adding a Hustler Super Z this spring. What do you guys find works the best for you to get the mower up to change the blades?

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

One front tire up the trailer gate.

3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I have a ramp that drives up to my storage shed. I put car ramps on the ramp and drive my SuperZ right up. Put a tarp down on the side if its wet. An impact wrench is the key.

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I use a floor jack, works good for either type of mower, good incase you need to jack the truck or trailer up also

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Take a look at these http://www.junglejimsap.com/jack.html

I bought one (used) to use with my exmark when I had it. Man it sure was a slick working deal. Only thing I didn't like was that it was just another thing in my garage and I don't have any floor space to spare!

A good hydraulic floor jack will do the same thing and lift just as high, some are hard to get under the deck though. Yes I said under the deck edge... That's where the jungle jack (and others like it) hook and lift. They can lift in just a second or 2 where the hydraulic jack has to be pumped and pumped.

I still prefer the floor jack, it's multi purpose... I sold my jungle jack with the exmark when I sold it.

6. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

jungle jack for sure best piece of extra stuff i bought in a long time , I also think that ballard makes one too not sure of price comparision

7. Hermanator

Hermanator LawnSite Member

Cheap cherry picker works great.

8. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

jungle jim works great but a super z 60" you have to be a big guy or else it takes 2 guys to lift that tank.
    i cant lift it by myself.

9. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Go with toro and get a Z stand

10. kfish

kfish LawnSite Member

I have a good rolling floor jack so hopefully that will slide under it. I would like an impact wrench but that would mean buying an air compressor.....