Mower lift

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chrisbolte, Dec 27, 2000.

1. chrisbolte

chrisbolte LawnSite Member

What does everyone use to lift their mowers to work under them? (Take off blades, tighten bolts, and clean under deck)
  2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

For my WB's I use muscle power and prop up with a 2x6. ;)
  3. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

If you place your mower at the back edge of your trailer and tilt it back with the back wheels on the ramp, there is alot of clearance. You can also turn it on its side with the carb up.
  4. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

We use the Jungle Jims "Jungle Jack" and it works very well. It will lift the ztr's as well as the wb's without any problem and it is much more safe than a 2x4.
  5. Ocutter

Ocutter LawnSite Senior Member

We use a 5 gal bucket upside down for our WB. A come along from the rafters of the garage for our riders.
  6. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I just lift up the front of my w/b's and set them on a jack stand. This seems to work fine. With the jack stand you can adjust the height of the lift to suit your needs.
  7. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

back up the trailer ramp. Turn to the side. Back wheels on the ramp. Front on the street or in the air. This allows you to remove blades.
  8. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

My Toro Pro-line 52 i tip on its side, as for my Walker mower lift up for service I love those Walkers, now if we can put tilt decks on our walkbehinds we would be alset!
  9. DeepDivot

DeepDivot LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

Most responses were for walk behinds. What about the midmounts like the Exmark or Chopper?
  10. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I make my wife hold my Grasshopper deck up while I change the blades. Just kidding, I either use a floor jack, or I lifk the deck on to a Metal stand.