Mower Lifts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by makktruck, Nov 29, 2013.

1. makktruck

makktruck LawnSite Member

Looking for a good mower lift that can work on different mowers, thanks:usflag:

2. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you need to lift the whole mower or just the front? We have a chain hoist and it's the most useful!! I can lift anything in the garage, not just mowers...unload/load heavy things into a truck, etc...even used it to unjam a chipper a few weeks ago...besides the air compressor, probably the most practical thing we've got. It will lift 3000 I believe....

3. makktruck

Just the front and that's sweet where could I get one?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ric1

ric1 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Here are some choices at Amazon.com: I use the MoJack EZ 300-Pound Lift For my Stander And Zero Turn Lawn Mower, it lifts my 48" ZTR and my 36" Grandstand with no problems. If you watch the sales you can get it on sale for as little as $99.99

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...vptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_1cbh0jwm3t_e

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  5. Grant11

Grant11 LawnSite Senior Member

+1 on this. Chain hoist are great. I always put down a jack stand before crawling under a mower though

6. McFarland_Lawn_Care

7. makktruck

What would you attach the crane lift too or what do you attach it to? Thanks

8. McFarland_Lawn_Care

I set a 4x4 across 6 of the ceiling rafters in my garage (which are 2x10) and ran a small loop of chain around the top hook. See what I mean? or you could set a steel rod into some notches along the top of them. I'll see if I can remember I'll snap a pic for ya.

9. McFarland_Lawn_Care

10. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

I utilize my hydraulic floor jack and jack stands. If you don't have one, pawn shops sell them cheap.