Mower Lifts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by makktruck, Nov 29, 2013.

1. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

If you don't have anything to attach the hoist to you can have someone fabricate an A-frame type setup similar to a kid's swing set. The cost would still be less expensive than some of the mower jacks I have seen. The overhead hoist is a better choice IMO because it leaves the floor beneath the mower uncluttered. Far easier than having to work around the jack.

2. die4irish

die4irish LawnSite Member
    from ohio

3. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

4. Dawson

Dawson LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using this electric hoist from harbor freight for almost two years now.
    My barn has a large beam on two telephone poles that supports the front of my covered parking area. I used some towing chain looped around the beam and then run through a piece of steel pipe that fits in the mounting brackets on the hoist. It has no trouble lifting the front end of my 60 inch exmark. Makes blade changes go much quicker and no stands or ramps to get in the way.

I would be wary of using a winch for this purpose, they aren't really designed for dead lifting straight up.

5. die4irish

die4irish LawnSite Member
    from ohio

steel pipe in the rafters and have the 20 ft battery cable hooked up to a battery.