Mower mounted spreaders

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by accuratelawn, Jan 10, 2000.

1. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone use a ZRT mounted fert spreader. Who makes them? How much are they?<br>Good investment? <br>Thanks for you thaughts.

2. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

The Jrco unit might warrent your attention. It has a 130 lb. hopper and variable speed motor and clips right into the Jrco system. Jrco is very innovative, but often lack quality in their products. The spreader may be their best product.<p>Jrco: 1 (800) 999-8442<br>

3. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

I've got an Agri-fab electric spreader that I adapted to fit on the deck of my 725 grasshopper. It was made to go on the rear of a lawn tractor, but I made a base for it and simply sat in on the flat part of the deck. It works wonderfully that way because you can see what you are doing with it mounted in front of you. Lynn Gorrell

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I wrote Agri-Fab today to get a price on the 12 volt spreader, this is what I got back from them. Sorry, but the 12volt spreader is no longer available.<p>----------<br>Eric@ELM<br>http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/index.html

5. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for your help.<br>Jeff

6. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Do these front mount spreaders rust your deck ?

7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I just wash mine off when I'm done applying, the DC and the spreader.

8. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Stainless won't rust. Buy a Chopper to mount the new spreader on!!!!!!!!!!!

Homer

9. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Lesco offers their "truckster" mountable elec spreader for about $369.00 It's on heck of a lot cheaper than any of the others