1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

mower mounted trimmer

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by devins, Nov 18, 2009.

1. devins

devins LawnSite Member

have you guys ever seen one of these?
    i have a "z trimmer" from peco equipment for sale i got it new and have never used it has warranty and instructions must go, wont work for what i need trades considered. or $250 heres the description from the manf.

Designed to save time maintaining the lawns manicure, the PECO Z-Trimmer attaches to virtually any zero-turn mower deck and is fully operable from the operator’s seat. Features spring loaded break-away platform when encountering an obstacle, adjustable head for trimming/edging and has a 20” reach from the mower deck. Folds out of the way for easy transport!

•140 degree pivoting head to allow edging or trimming at any angle from horizontal to vertical with a single quick adjustment•Can be adapted to virtually any zero-turn mower deck
    •Easily folds out of the way for transportation and will not extend the deck width
    •Mount is spring loaded to break-away from obstacles for added safety
    •Powerful DC motor with sealed end cap spins at 4500 RPM
    •Comes complete with .105 pre-conditioned line
    •Increase productivity for all zero turn mowers
    •Weight - 15 lbs.
    Models Available:

Z-Trimmer - $260.00 MSRP
    image 1467338680-2 image 1467338680-3
  2. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure I'd want that on my deck !!
  3. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

you took 10 bucks off a 2001?
  4. devins

devins LawnSite Member

im not selling it i just found it on craigslist.
  5. howierd3866

howierd3866 LawnSite Senior Member

well since you are not selling it heres my .02 then. I bought one and well I don't do yards I mow large area so around a house I see it being very slow you could walk faster. But since I do wide open area and a tree here or there its works fine for me.I dont have to walk way out into the field just to weedeat it does me good.So I would buy another for my needs only.