mower mounted trimmer

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by devins, Nov 18, 2009.

1. devins

devins LawnSite Member

have you guys ever seen one of these?
    i have a "z trimmer" from peco equipment for sale i got it new and have never used it has warranty and instructions must go, wont work for what i need trades considered. or $250 heres the description from the manf.

Designed to save time maintaining the lawns manicure, the PECO Z-Trimmer attaches to virtually any zero-turn mower deck and is fully operable from the operator’s seat. Features spring loaded break-away platform when encountering an obstacle, adjustable head for trimming/edging and has a 20” reach from the mower deck. Folds out of the way for easy transport!

Specifications
    •140 degree pivoting head to allow edging or trimming at any angle from horizontal to vertical with a single quick adjustment•Can be adapted to virtually any zero-turn mower deck
    •Easily folds out of the way for transportation and will not extend the deck width
    •Mount is spring loaded to break-away from obstacles for added safety
    •Powerful DC motor with sealed end cap spins at 4500 RPM
    •Comes complete with .105 pre-conditioned line
    •Increase productivity for all zero turn mowers
    •Weight - 15 lbs.
    Models Available:

ZT-2001:
    Z-Trimmer - $260.00 MSRP
    image 1467338680-2 image 1467338680-3
    http://cleveland.craigslist.org/grd/1467338680.html

2. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure I'd want that on my deck !!

3. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

you took 10 bucks off a 2001?

4. devins

devins LawnSite Member

im not selling it i just found it on craigslist.

5. howierd3866

howierd3866 LawnSite Senior Member

well since you are not selling it heres my .02 then. I bought one and well I don't do yards I mow large area so around a house I see it being very slow you could walk faster. But since I do wide open area and a tree here or there its works fine for me.I dont have to walk way out into the field just to weedeat it does me good.So I would buy another for my needs only.