Mower Opinions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by calvinslawnservices, May 31, 2011.

1. calvinslawnservices

calvinslawnservices LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking for opinions on 2 mowers:

Toro Proline 52"
    Very nice toro proline hydro mower has low hours runs good mows good fresh tune up and almost new blades Very nice commercial mower with low hours on 20 HP kohler command engine runs and mows great has jungle wheels to ride on $1450

1999 EXMARK HYDRO TURF TRACER 60"
    SPINDELS ARE ALL TIGHT , HYDROS ARE VERY RESPONSIVE , ELECTRIC START , PISTOL GRIP STEERING,CUTS AND STRIPES NICELY, TIRES ARE ALL IN GOOD SHAPE , VERY STRONG MOWER $1500.00

I am looking for opinions on these mowers. I am leaning towards the proline because I already have the same proline except belt instead of hydro.

Any opinions, common problems, easy of use or anything else. Would be great!

Thanks,
    Cal

3mf3p13le5U45P65S3b5s6fbda93500fc11d2.jpg

AMIfv95-EyxIa3wXIfyBt_YBvHaKD8yNFnnkUkI9bPUtimDv0OoIuRQVEs60ymtemzlW-LlJ5eXzI6u6FCUhW8E3wIMxayJt.jpg

2. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Exmark....
    mike

3. gibbonsballer10

gibbonsballer10 LawnSite Senior Member

toro, t-bar steering is the best compared to all walk behinds, that is the main reason I will always only buy toro walk behinds

4. calvinslawnservices

calvinslawnservices LawnSite Senior Member

Gibbons have you used the T Bar with hydro? I have heard it is a little jumpy.

5. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Posted via Mobile Device

6. DIXIECONTRACTING

DIXIECONTRACTING LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

EXMARK never any problems with my 48 Hydro Viking.

7. tuffram

tuffram LawnSite Senior Member

Toro makes Exmark they are basically the same on the commercial side of mowers.

8. gibbonsballer10

They dont make a t bar hydro, its a twin lever

9. gibbonsballer10

yes i know they are basically the same, but exmark does not make a t-bar or else I would probably buy an exmark also, that's the only reason I don't have an exmark walk behind

10. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Really? Made by Toro? Are you sure? Big difference between the 2. I doubt it, exmark really is a finer machine.
    mike