Mower Price Check

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mbenz, May 10, 2004.

1. mbenz

mbenz LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I have priced a Walker model C 18 hp 42"deck at one dealer for 6,480
    And went to another a looked at the same thing for 7,850 is there that much differencs? Help me out

2. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

I would get the 20 hp 48" Walker seriously think about that. That model you are getting is way small especially if its going to be your main mower. I just picked up a used diesel 48" walker and a new 26 hp efi walker and love both.

3. mbenz

mbenz LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Well if you don’t mind how much did you pay for the 26hp efi? And what was one of the factors when choosing the walker. I like the fact that it bags and lifts all the old grass off the yard, and leaves a great cut.

4. mbenz

mbenz LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

A hundred and forty two VEIWS and only 1 responce? come on guys.

5. GeeVee

GeeVee LawnSite Senior Member

One dealer only quoted you for a tractor unit, while the other gave you a price for a tractor unit and an actual mowing deck for his price.

6. mbenz

mbenz LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Oh Gezzz Your right Why did i not see that..................Well are they good mowers? Im just concerned about not being able to bag in the fall.

7. GrassFearsMe

We paid $9700 and change for the 26 efi out the door from one dealer, though i got a price for the same mower like over $1000 more from another. man it run so nice and is supposed to be better on fuel tahn all the other machines except for the diesels of course.

8. GrassFearsMe

My bad i forgot to answer your other question. The reason for our purchase was becuase we lost our extremely large accounts so our toro ztr sat on the trailer most of the time. A worker on my crew works for another maintenace crew on the weekends and that guy runs walkers. I got a demo form the other landscaper and loved the manuevrabiltity. SO i bought the 48 diesel from him and put it to work on our accounts. i let my uncle(the boss) try it and next week we had a new one. It was a manueverabiltiy thing really where i used to use the toro on like 5 maybe 6 accounts i found i can use the walker on 90% of our accounts. It goes everywhere even on the smallest lawns.

Its the last mower on the trailer so its the first one off and we use it on like i said 90% of our accounts. We do collect allot more grass than we used to but oh well the cut is amazing.

9. mbenz

mbenz LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Thanks for the info, I will be looking in to geting one with a bit more HP but i might have to see if i can justify spending that much money, Thanks Again