Mower prices

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Roger Wilkerson, May 1, 2008.

1. Roger Wilkerson

Roger Wilkerson LawnSite Member

I am looking at commercial z turns and here is what I have found. I would appreciate an opinion.

New: Toro Z450 Pro Performance 23/48 Kaw 6500.00
    Scag Tiger Cub 23/61 Vanguard 6500.00
    Gravely 260Z 25/60 Kohler 6995.00
    Hustler Fastrack SD 23/52 Kaw (I think) 5800.00

Used: Scag Tiger Cub 19/48 Kaw 73 hrs 5000.00
    Toro Z450 52" not, sure of the motor yet, 320 hours 4800.00

Thanks for the input

Roger

2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

All are great brands. What are you going to mow with them? How large, etc? If you have ditches or hills, Z's don't shine very well for those two areas, but wide open, flat mowing, they glow.

3. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

what are you cutting? i vote for Hustler........then again, i bleed yellow. they are all good mowers. however, i don't think any of them can touch the warranty of the Hustlers.

BTW, the Hustler would be a 54"--- for that money, you should be close what you can buy FT SD 60".

4. Roger Wilkerson

I have demoed the new Toro and it handled my hills fine going up and down. There isn't any trouble at the bottom anyway. I am mowing my own yard of about 2 acres and thought I may pick up a few jobs from a friend who is an LCO that is hammered right now

5. Roger Wilkerson

I will check that out Murph, I was going back by there today. See my other reply for what I am cutting

6. Roger Wilkerson

OOP's it was a 25/54 for 5899.00, the 25/60 is 6049.00

7. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, the Z's will handle moderate hills fine, but anything great then 15-20 degrees, and its dangerzone. If you decide to go with the hustler, you may consider getting the ROPS for it. Those are optional on Hustlers. It will save your life it you ever roll the machine.

8. Roger Wilkerson

Definitely need ROPS. I feel a lot more secure that way. Chances are I will be grading down that hill anyway so it will wind up less severe. On another note I just got an email on a used Grasshopper 725 with a 25 hp Kohler liquid cooled and a 61" cut in fantastic shape for 5000.00. What is your opinion on that?

Roger

9. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Talk to that dealer again - I paid $5,800.00 for my Fastrak SD 25/60 (Kawasaki). :usflag:

10. Roger Wilkerson

Good to know, I am leaning that way. How do you like yours? does it handle hill fair?