mower prices?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rosseaus_rooots, Feb 19, 2002.

1. rosseaus_rooots

rosseaus_rooots LawnSite Member

Hey there, new to this forum. I got a question to ask. I was wondering if someone who knows could give me price quotes, estimates or user reviews and recomendations on the following commercial mowers; the Bunton BZT 1000 series, Ransomes FrontLine 728D, and the Stiga ParkPro 20/cat. So if any of the professionals in this forum have any experience with anyone of these pieces of equipment or if anyone has the prices or price estimates on any of these machines, could you please reply. Thanks for your time.

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

welcome to lawnsite! by any chance have you used the search feature, i am not familier with the equip but im sure u will find loads in the search.

3. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

All those mowers you mentioned... there a lot of money... hope that helps ;)

4. rosseaus_rooots

rosseaus_rooots LawnSite Member

well, i think i know there expensive, duh there commercial mowers. I dont know how much the stiga parkspro costs but I do know its a lot cheaper than most of the equipment the average professional uses. i phoned a local trexton dealer, and he said he couldnt give me prices, he said i had to stop by. Why are these guys so secretive with their pricess, i went to all the websites, non of them list prices, i dont get it?

5. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

They dont give out prices because there smart salespeople.. they want to get you to their office so they can try to "sell" the machine to you regardless of cost... if they told you over the net the cost of the machine.. u might walk away and never look at there product again... whereas, if u are forced to go to there office... they can atleast try and sell u on the cost, and tell u how great there machines are blah blah blah.... smart tactics actually....;)

6. ceaman

ceaman LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

A true salesman wont give you prices over the phone. I sold new cars for quite a while and went to a few buisiness seminars on sales. They all tell you hat you cannot sell a product by phone... you have to get the customer to the product, show them the value of the product, make them desire the product, and if you get them to this point, within reason, then price wont matter. Sell the product not the price.

Close the sale without asking if they want it, ask them "Would you like the red or the black one?" or " Do you want that titled in just your name Joe or are we putting the wife on there too?".

7. ceaman

ceaman LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

oh yeah what paps said..... we must have been typing at the same time..

8. SMB

SMB LawnSite Senior Member

Our Textron Bob-Cat ZT219 (same manufacturer) was $5500 with $500 off. Our dealer told us all the prices over the phone, but it wasn't until we bargained that we got the $500 off. ;)