Mower problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by one man gang, Mar 22, 2006.

1. one man gang

one man gang LawnSite Fanatic
    from N. In.

Yes, thats it. And it's a 2000 Gravely pro 150 50". Thats the way it's assembled in the manual too. I have 2 other Gravelys with a brass washer betweent the blade and spindle.

2. one man gang

from N. In.

Would a brass washer do the trick ?

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

There's only one way to find out, I suggested the fiber washer because thats the way Dixie's are set up and it makes more sense having the softer material between the blade and spindle would add more friction and absorb more shock and vibration. I have never seen or heard of a blade coming off a Dixie with this set-up.

4. one man gang

from N. In.

Very true, if it dosen't work I'll order the fiber( don't have any Dixie shops near) and thank you very much cause I was gonna try it with a steel washer before the imput.

5. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Make sure you tighten to ~80 ft lbs. I cant believe that blade is just working itself off like that...is the belt routed correctly?

6. one man gang

from N. In.

Yes I'm sure but this is driving me nuts

7. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Ya know, After further thought it's possible since this is a older unit (back-up) you said, The bevel washer has gotten flattened out over time. Make sure it still has a good amount of concave to it.

8. one man gang

from N. In.

Will do, thanks again