1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

mower problems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

i bought a new bobcat 219 in the spring and all it has been is trouble. so i think i might sell it and buy something diffrent. i want your opion on what you guys think the best mower on the market is. i am even going to consider a wb. i currently mow 15 residential lawns.
  2. spcfoor

spcfoor LawnSite Senior Member

I currently run a gravely 36" wb with the pro-steer system. I also have a sulky that I use for a couple of the yards I do. I have a large commerical prop. that I do with the 36 a 21 a sthil edger and a cub trimmer. I am solo except for the commerical prop. I do 11 residential accounts. Hope this helps.
  3. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

A lot of guys like Exmark.

Never used any except Gravely, and my personal experience with them has been BAD. Like i said...MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.

Common answer to a question like yours is......DEMO DEMO DEMO.
    Try out several different models.

4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Wow a bob-cat thats giving you problems? Thats odd. We have used them all and the oldddddddddd 36" bobcat we had was the best running and best cutting mower we have ever used. Poor Trevor with his bad luck with gravely. We have a 34Z and had a pro 50 and the pro 50 went over 3,000 hours before we sold it with out a single problem. The new 34Z we have is wonderful! Beautiful cut. Our 48" lazer now has 1,700 hours on it and it doesnt cut nearly as good as it use to. Go demo some unit's from gravely, exmark and some others then decide whats best for you.
  5. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

we run both scag and exmark along with the other 100 comapnies here who run the same, neither has ever left me in the field broken down