mower purchace

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bosslac, Feb 4, 2004.

1. bosslac

bosslac LawnSite Member

i am new to business i am looking to purchace new a ferris dual hydro walkbehind 48in mower and a shindaiwa t230 trimmer would like comments on this equipment

2. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

bosslac,

I used LawnSite.com's search feature and searched the Keyword 'Ferris' , and chose to search titles ONLY option and found 139 past threads with the word ferris in the title...

FERRIS SEARCH

Here is a similar search for 'T-230'...

T-230 SEARCH

3. bosslac

bosslac LawnSite Member

thank you chuck just green

4. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Ferris is pound for pound, dollar for dollar, arguably the best mower their is....made like a tank, no cheesy parts or look....you'll never regret it

5. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

hello, welcome to the business, thanks to the wonderful person that he is, chuck, he has found a lot of valuable information and the opinions of a lot of people on here for you. if i were you i would read that information over. i would disagree that ferris is the all around best mower. however i would agree that the ferris mower is the best mower for chevyman1. i feel each and every individual landscaper has there own best mower to suit there needs. for one person it could be a john deere ztr, for another an exmark wb, and for another it may be a case tractor with woods mower on the back. each person must research each mower and find the one that is best for them as far as options, features, speed, cost and capabilities. once again welcome and best of luck.