1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mower racing?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by southside, Jun 1, 2000.

1. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

I just saw on L &L that they race mowers at<br>60mph. Thats the highway speed limit here.<br>Gotta give this a try.Maybe put a twin turbo<br>setup on the Walker. :) <p>Karl<br>

2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Lawn mowerracing came to my town about a month ago, but I missed it by an hour. I wish I could have seen them.<p>Rick <br>LawnWorks<br>

3. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

i once saw tim alan (driving a DC) lose to Bob Vela (driving a crapsman oh i mean crafts man)<br>Whats the best mower now?<br>-Nick<br>

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

The DC with the 150 HP Jet engine is on my equipment page on my Website. I was told it will go 60 MPH, but I wouldn't want to be on it. :)<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Karl, here is the lawn mower racing web site. Looks like it would be a fun off season sport for us &quot;pros&quot; <br>http://www.letsmow.com/

6. Jason

Jason LawnSite Senior Member

A little town about 40 miles from where I grew up has a big 4th of July celebration every year. Each year at the celebration they have lawnmower races. They get guys from all over the country to race. It's really become quite a big thing there. I went last year, and there was talk about getting ESPN2 to cover it for this year. A lot of fun to watch. They race on a small dirt track, they have different classes from stock to modified. Some of those modified mowers really fly.

7. Bobby

Bobby LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Karl, lawn mower races might be crazy, but the #1 award for crazy has got to go to the Crokodile Hunter from down under.<p>----------<br>Bobby <br>Ft Lauderdale