Mower Sacrafice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AltaLawnCare, Sep 13, 2001.

1. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Found this in a back yard of an unoccupied real estate prop.

Fried Snapper

I just mow around it every week.:rolleyes:

maybe it was sacraficed at a DC meeting :blob2:

-JK

2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

alta...--that's a pretty crappy looking yard to cut!

I got a few (bunch) of those!

GEO

3. Alta I can't believe the amount of weight on your NEW Toro.

The old Toro’s are just a little light with a full tank of fuel when using a stand on sulky. Just a Jrco bar does the trick and provides great balance.

With the old Toro’s the discharge opening is right in line with the outside of the right side rear drive tires and 14" of the deck extends to the left to trim right up against trees etc.

IMHO you should investigate the possibility of adding one of the old style carrier and deck.

Turfquip.com has a brand new old style 52" for about 1/3 of retail (they might be out of production with no stock left in the Toro "system").

4. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, Stone thats a lot of weight - hopefully over the winter I can change it around. So far the frame seems to taking it OK. I don't think the old style decks will fit - but I might be wrong.

Stone I think you might have meant to post this under the Toro modifications post??

I do like te old stlye deck set up much better than mine. Worse case senerio is I'll eventually have to get rid of this mower and replace it with an older type.:mad:

5. From what I can tell your machine is a exmark hp with T-bar steering.

If it has the 9 spine transmission output shafts that was an exmark feature not a Toro feature.

The deck is also a LOT longer than the old models (Toros). The left front castor also looks to be a little too far outboard IMHO.