1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

mower sprayer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by touchofpride, Apr 7, 2007.

1. touchofpride

touchofpride LawnSite Member
    from NE

Hey guys,

Need a little help here. Searched previous posts and couldn't find what I'm looking for. Have an exmark walkbehind mower does not have electric start. I want to mount a spray tank on the front of it with a single nozzle (boom pattern) that sprays out front of the mower. Anway, mounting and stuff is not a problem, but if it's an electric sprayer and my mower doesn't have a battery and mount a battery do I need to constantly charge it?? How long will it last?? Can I tie it in with my mower so charging is not neccesary? Thanks in advance.
  2. CustomKare

CustomKare LawnSite Member

Look up JRCO.com they have attachments for all types
  3. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

What is your usage of the sprayer? Most likely, if you mount a $20 lawnmower battery from wallyworld, you won't ever run it down completely spraying smaller lawns. You might want to invest in a volt meter to moniter voltage, Recharge when it gets low, only. If you recharge every time you use it, you will pattern the battery to shallow cycles. If you are using it a lot you might want to get a golf cart or marine battery-a deep cycle but discharge/charge as above, for the same reason.:waving: :waving: