Mower Stand ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dan35, Nov 4, 2000.

1. dan35

dan35 LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever built a stand of some kind to change blades, oil and.work on mowers? I have three ZTR’S and was thinking I might try it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

I have a ramp i drive up on to work under
    the mower

3. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

im pretty happy with the gate of my trailer for changing blades

4. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Just a regular hyd. floor jack for me.

5. Robert Burnham

Robert Burnham LawnSite Member

I have seen hydraulic ATV jacks that are advertized in catalogs that look like a good safe way of lifting a mower, especially in a shop for blade sharpening or maintenance work.

6. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

I use my gate with a 4x4 stand under the front of the ztr. Works great for me.

7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

A friend made me a stand. 1/4 inch thick steel, 12" square. In the center is a adjustable metal rod around 2' high. On the end of the rod is a piece of channeled metal that the deck slips into. It metal rod is also at a slight angle. Where's that digital camera!

8. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

If you don't have room to store a stand in your garage you can get a chain hoist and hang it from a beam in the ceiling (if you have one strong enough. All you need is one and make a y harness out of chain and you can pick your the front of the mower up as high as you want.

Be safe and use jackstands too though!!

Good Luck, Hope this helps!

9. Mr.Ziffel

Mr.Ziffel LawnSite Senior Member

I've been told by several dealers and mentioned it on this site several times that Toro and Exmark will have a deck lift jack incorporated into the new model ZTR's and available as a retrofit for older ones. Apparently [I haven't seen a picture yet] the stand is permanently attached to the frame and is folded down so you can drive the machine onto it, lifting the front end high enough for cleaning and blade changes.

10. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

I took my mower in this morning to have new blades installed and they came out with this thing called a Jungle Jack. It lifted up the deck and changing the blades was a breeze. Cost of this was $159.99. Thinking about putting it on my Christmas List. Hope this helps.
    Mowman