Mower Straps

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by American_Lawn, Feb 21, 2008.

1. American_Lawn

American_Lawn LawnSite Member

I will be getting fastraps from jungle jims for the Z, but what do you guys use for the 21? I was thinking of a c-channel. Any suggestions?

2. Wilson Edge

Wilson Edge LawnSite Member

hey does jungle jims have there own web site and if so what is it

3. American_Lawn

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

If you are serious about the 21's staying put nomatter what, somebody makes a floor bracket for that.

I can't think of who though...

Maybe someone else can.... this company makes them for spreaders and such too...

I think you could make some with some steel and some cotterless quickpins from McMaster Carr.

5. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah I know that I have seen them before, I'm not sure who makes them though.

6. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Jungle Jim has something for 21's. You put a front wheel in it. IDK, haven't used it. I use a 2x4 on the trailer floor. If I want it really secure, I'll bungee it or turn it sideways and stick the front half under the trailer side.

7. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

the fast straps are really great, we have them on three trailers. the sun and rain tend to rot the straps in about a season or two and you have to buy all new units again. we just strap out push to the rails with a ratchet strap since we only use it at about 5 lodations

8. American_Lawn

Yea I only used my push mower on 2 accounts last year, but I take it with me everyday just incase. I was thinking about the setup like jungle jim has, but possibly finding a welder to fab something for me and the bolting it down. I will play around with this. Might go with the 2x4's for now.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Just for my information.... what is the color of the straps you're having rotting issues with?

I've never had an issue with that.
    My oldest set is 5 years old and has never seen the indoors.

But I have noticed they changed the straps a time or two... maybe a different material?

10. American_Lawn

Are the ones from northern tool the ones everyone has. I might go by there tomorrow and pick 2 up.