1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mower Style

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Propdoc, Jan 6, 2002.

1. Propdoc

Propdoc LawnSite Member

While looking through the new catalog I've noticed some photographs of front mount type mowers. I take it that Exmark quit making this type of mower for a good reason, and I was just wondering what that reason was. Excellent job on the catalog, by the way.
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

The mower you saw is the Exmark Explorer. The Explorer started life as a dedicated bagging mower and was our very first zero turn riding mower. Although the Explorer was unique at the time it was produced and was moderately successful it never did sell as well as our current Lazer Z. The out-front deck performed very well just as the mid-mound deck does. What spelled the doom of the Explorer was the Lazer Z. So many of our former Explorer customers found the Lazer to be more maneuverable, better on hills and more productive that the production numbers no longer made it economical to build the Explorer. The Explorer was a great machine in its day but the technology and productivity of the Lazer Z sort of put it out to pasture.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.