Mower Sulky

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnkid, Apr 28, 2002.

1. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone ever had experience with a Mower Sulky dual wheel or swivel wheel sulky? If you have could you list some advantages and disadvantages. They seem to be a good price but then again this could mean that they are bad quality. They are both shown on www.mowtownusa.com for a little bit over $200.

2. BRIAN GALLO

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

Lawnkid,

I have one of the single wheel sulkies. They are made by a company called Havenir industries. I have had it for 3 years now with no problems. It is very well built, a bit heavy though, and has grease fittings everywhere. The only disadvantage to it is that it doesn't swing around in reverse like a Velke brand does. I paid about $180 for it from a local dealer. :blob3:

3. Upstate Mike

Upstate Mike LawnSite Member

I have the fixed mount with the swivel wheels on my Hustler hydro WB and I love it.They are built very well and I paid 185.00 from the company that makes it.

4. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Mike, How did you order it from the company? did you do it right off of the internet?

5. Upstate Mike

Upstate Mike LawnSite Member

I called the company and they gave me a suppliers number and they gave me another number and they gave me another number and then I gave up and called the company back and they sold me one.

6. proline32

proline32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 98383

I purchased a single wheel sulky off of alamia.com last year or $159.00, Very durable and I'm kinda on the heavy side.