1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mower suspension seat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, Jul 6, 2006.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

2. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

very interesting

3. EMWEB

EMWEB LawnSite Member

4. a a green

a a green LawnSite Member

I put a suspention seat on this year, after bad back problems this winter. I got mine from northern tool. I think it was a Italian made seat. Anyway it works well.:weightlifter:

5. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

anyone own this michigan seat? how good does it work??

6. EMWEB

EMWEB LawnSite Member

It works very well . . . not as smooth as a car, but it sure removes the shock of each little bump, hole or dip . . . You dial in your weight . . . and yes it does work as it should . . .

Northern Tool Item # 17566 is the seat that came with my mower except mine says SCAG and is brown .

See my other post above . . .

7. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Same identical seat that came on my Hustler, but with two differences.

#1 - Mine is gray and has an "H" on it.

#2 - Mine was cheaper through my Hustler dealer, by about $50.

8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

My Exmark dealer said thier cost was $410. So have you got two seats now or did you just upgrade at the Hustler dealer. $270 sound awfully cheap thru a dealer.

9. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

From the pictures, I don't see anything underneath (on the frame) to provide any spring/damper action. Yes, the words say "suspension" but it appears the seat frame is bolted directly to the Z frame. Is that right? Is the "suspension" only from the cushioning in the seat itself?

I bought my first ZTR (JD 717A) about two months ago. The ride is a killer on my body. Riding the BullRider sulky is less strenous than sitting on this "bronco" for a few hours per day. I think I need a seat with some spring action to level out the ride.

10. EMWEB

EMWEB LawnSite Member

No, the springs & supension system are built in a "torque" fashion . . .Large adjustable springs run front to back with a knob to adjust their tension. I weigh 247 lbs . . . If my wife gets on weighing 105lbs I have to back down the setting or she will have a very stiff ride . . . It is very similar to older truck seats before air seats were introduced . . .