Mower Tie Downs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Simplicity LLC, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Lawn Simplicity LLC

Lawn Simplicity LLC LawnSite Member

I can't remember who makes these things. Not the Prolockers, but the "strap" looking tie down that would "wrap & lock" around the back tire of a walk behind. Can anyone jog my memory please?
  2. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Fastraps by green touch.
  3. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

My w/b killed a 21 handle last year in a 20mph accident,now we use cargo straps with hooks and a ratchet on everything,only takes a few seconds to put on,2x4 behind the z to keep it in place, with strap around front . Not perfect but doesnt move and fast to undo over and over.
  4. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

5. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Northern tools sells fastraps as well.
  6. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

I like ProLockers myself.
  7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I use fastraps.... they're GRRRREAT!!!!
  8. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Envy, I thought about giving them a try but I'm wondering how do you handle the dog poo? seems like it could be an issue. We're never going to be fee of the poo.
  9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I honestly rarely ever hit the poo....
    And I think I'm canning the lawn that I have the most problem with.

Typically I cut the areas where I know the 'surprises' might be first.
    Then I loose most of it along the way.
    Then I run down the street side before loading.

(Turf Masters are not near as bad as the other tires)

Anyways, from time to time it is there when I go to strap down. But not to the point of getting all over the straps, which is good. As for the smell, it is so easy to strap down you can easily hold your breath to avoid it.

I set my straps where the 'BINDER' is at the rear of the tire and I lace the other side through the wheel-stop where I have enough lead that once I lace the binder... I never have to unlace it. I just release the binder, pull some slack through and slide the loop off the tire still laced up.

This way the loop is off to the side of the wheel-stops.
    So I just drive into the stops...
    Slip the loop back over the tires...
    Flip the binder....
    Done deal.

I like them because the mower don't move at all... and these are the only way to keep zero-turn equipment still on a trailer.
  10. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Yea I see how you do it. I knocked in the inside of my fender last year with my lazer moving around. Only moved on long trips but I found it a few times presssed up against the fender wall rubbing the metal against the tire. Time to add some more tack welds.