Mower tracks on new concrete

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by steverino, Sep 15, 2000.

1. steverino

steverino LawnSite Member

Just left a rather impressive grass ladden tire track on the customers new white concrete drive. Do I need to worry? (Luckily I notice after the first offense) (mower track not truck)

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

dont think u will have to worry, i am guessing those black tracks? it might wash away with the rain. If the customer does say something maybe try spraying it with a hose, if that doesnt work and they are being a pain about it maybe power wash. worst case scenerio would be having to paint it.

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

It should wash away with rain. I bet you don't do it again! I should know , I've also done this!

4. CandJ

CandJ LawnSite Member

I did it once, the rain did wash away the tracks in short time. No complaint from the customer, but I now always try to avoid going on the pavement if possible. Just looks bad.....

5. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

Broom + elbow grease = no more track

6. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Easiest way to avoid that is to make 2 perimeter passses around the lawn, then use those areas to turn around in when striping.
    Also try not to run over clippings laying on the sidewalk or drive, as that will "glue" them to the concrete. I have usEd broom before; also scuff the area back & forth with your foot while using your blower to blow it away.

7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

What's this "broom" devise you guys are talking about. I don't have one!