1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mower value

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by stryper, Oct 29, 2007.

1. stryper

stryper LawnSite Member
    from IL

Don't know where else to ask this, so I apologize in advance if I'm in the wrong forum....

Is there an online resource for looking up resale values for mowers?

If not, can anyone give me a ballpark figure for an '04 Simplicity Regent, 38" deck, 15hp Briggs, hydro, and a 48" Ferris Hydrowalk, 13hp Kawasaki, single hydro (last production year, not sure what year that was)?

Both are well maintained in good shape less than 200 hours on each.

Thanks for any and all help.
  2. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

there is a guide for ztr mower resales, but not for walkbehind.
    its mowpart.com

it'll be on the right column.

ask your dealer, but they probably wont give you $hit for either.
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I would check ebay for some time, find comparable years and models at least for the 48", you'll want at least 2 but better 3-4 prices so you can gauge yours somewhat.

My attitude is people bid what they think it's worth, so it makes for a pretty good guide. Obviously you might run into that 1 or 2 that's just way out there, but just use your own best judgement, and I would get at least 3-4 different prices.

That's how I price my stuff, then if it doesn't sell tough luck :)
    On another note you could try selling it there as well.
  4. LawnMowerMan3875

LawnMowerMan3875 LawnSite Member

I'm in the same boat as a lot of fellows. What really is the resale value on zero turn mowers, brands, sizes, years, hours, etc. Ive been to a lot of dealers and it always seems to be the same thing. For a few hundred bucks more you can buy a brand new model for what they want for the used one. So a good information on resale value's would benifit the guy buying and selling to know exactly what a business should buy. Especially for the long run. Most of us don't have thousands of dollars to buy or lease new machinery. So we have to settle for the used until we are able to buy brand new or lease. So any information on this subject would be priceless to all the new and old bus. out there. Email me at fordman_68@yahoo.com if you have any comments directly. Thanks, LawnMowerMan3875