1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

mower went down

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Mowerboy04, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

hey guys maybe someone can help me. i was cutting one of my last lawns last week when it started to rain. so i stoped cutting and loaded the mower on the trailer and started to drive home. as i was driving home is started to poor rain it rained so hard that i had to pull over to the side of the road cause i coudn't see where i was going. anyway i went back the next day to finish the lawns and i got the mower off the trailer and it ran fine for maybe 10 min and then shut off and that was it. then i let it sit for a while and it would start back up and run for 10 min then go down again. and now it won't even start. anyone know what might be wrong with it? it only has 300hrs on it and i have allways taken really good care of it. so any input would be great i need to get it running again soon so i can get back to cutting.
  2. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I had this happen to me, blinding rain, mower out there on a open trailer in the rain , next day it was running funny?? water is in your fuel my friend and you must remove it,
    get rid of the gas in the mower, replace the filter,spark plugs's and flush the system, fill with NEW fuel and your on your way!!

Ya it suck this happened to me on a Saturday with all the shops in town closed:hammerhead:
  3. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

Absolutely right, you have water in the fuel lines or tank. Same thing happened to me yesterday with an aerator.
  4. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio