mower wont move

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by beebop, May 19, 2013.

1. beebop

beebop LawnSite Member

hey guys. I have a hustler mini z 52" cut. I just rebuilt the 19hp. Kawasaki, put it back on, and now when I pull in the steering levers the mower shuts off. did I miss something or is something else gone bad?.... thanks for the input.

2. MR-G

MR-G LawnSite Senior Member

Check all the safety switches.......

3. beebop

beebop LawnSite Member

ok. thanks. will do that.

4. beebop

beebop LawnSite Member

bypassed both steering arm switches and mower now runs.could both be bad at same time? been sitting up for about 2 yrs inside shop.

5. kgs1

kgs1 LawnSite Member

check your ground first.The all important ground check (other than bat) is from the key switch ground to the pigtail by the clutch...check for ground there & also for continuity...let us know exactly how you bypassed the switches? take the wire connector off the seat switch & put a jumper wire into connector... then see how it goes, it could be either switch & you can test each switch..take them off & using a multi-meter,test for continuity conecting to two posts & so on checking for continuity while pressing on the button on the switch..if you have continuity on one side or the other on the switch then that switch is more than likely good...if no continuity at all, then bad switch...may not even be a switch at all so start there & let us know! & check brake switch & seat switch too...if switches test good then check you relays, one of them is for the traction control..