1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mower wont turn off!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Bunton Guy, May 4, 2003.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Every now and again my bunton 48" hydro with the vanguard wont shut off....and when I go to touch the top left corner of my hour meter it shocks the **** out of me. Also when its early in the morning you can see the spark comming off of the wires connected to the spark plug from the hour meter. Is there an arching affect going on? Is that what will stop the mower from shutting off?
  2. mower17

mower17 LawnSite Member
    from la

There is a small ground wire connected to a spade terminal on the side of the coil. When you turn the key off, the switch sends this wire to ground killing the engine. Make sure the wire is still connected, if it is then the switch is probably faulty.

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Hour meter attached to the spark plug/ wire ???? Sounds like a loose connection or corrosion on a terminal some where ?? check all connections ?? Should not see any sparking ???

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Actually the first thing I would do is proerly install the hour meter and then see what happens.. the way it is now may be shorting out the circut ???
  5. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

I would say the hour meter is feeding current through to the ignition and that is why its not shutting off.