1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by flyerd124, May 3, 2008.

1. flyerd124

flyerd124 LawnSite Member

Hello all. Has any one delt with the new Craftsman Professional ZTR. They look pretty heavy duty? Also has 27hp Briggs. I currently use 3 60" Dixies.:usflag: One 18hp, one 27hp, and one 33hp. These are a little to much for some of the small jobs that I do.
  2. Lovingreen

Lovingreen LawnSite Member

No, but all craftsman has gone way down hill in the past 10 years, most is cheap crap, with craftsman stickers on it. Even if it was decent...what abouot parts and service?
  3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

are you serious? when have crapsman mowers been any good?
  4. flyerd124

I think I will just stick to the good stuff. More money but less headache.:hammerhead:
  5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

If you're considering a Craftsman over a Dixie then you need to re-examine what you're doing. I would check out Dixie's smaller Silver Eagle series for smaller mowers. They are competetively priced with Craftsman.
  6. flyerd124

You are right. I love the Dixies. Its was just a thought.
  7. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I was at Sears today and saw some of their so called "professional equipment" and wasn't impressed at all ... the machines I saw had stamped decks, not fabricated, to start with !! Stay away from it, it looks like equipment that hold up over the long term !!
  8. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

kinda like a dixon or BOP. :laugh: j/k.