Mower

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by tsimmons27, Jan 8, 2009.

1. tsimmons27

tsimmons27 LawnSite Member

I am looking for a 48 inch walk behind. My budget is about $1500. I know that I will be getting a used belt drive but was wondering if it was possible to find a floating deck for around that price or will I only be able to get a fixed.

Taylor

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

There are always deals out there, you just have to look for them. I don't garentee that you will find a floating deck but you might. Keep your eyes open and you might find one, they are out there.

3. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I just saw a used Scag 48" dual hydro, fixed deck for about $ 1,600 on ebay !!

4. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Like mowerbrad said, it's possible. Just keep your eyes open. Just don't sacrifice quality just to get a floating deck.

5. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I got a 48" metro hp(floating) belt drive for 1200 had about 500 hours on it. If ya live in Iowa stop by and I will sell it to ya lol. I don't want...I NEED the exmark ecs controls because the pistol grips are getting on my nervs. Drove a ecs the other day and fell in love!