Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bunton Guy, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Do new mowers not come with manuals? I got a new mower and as usual my dealer claims they dont come with manuals. They do come with the engine manual that came from the engine manufacturer....but a belt slipped off and I want to see how it goes back on and havent the slightest idea of which way it went.

2. Bunton Guy

Its a brand new 60" bobcat Z with the yanmar diesel its the blade that goes from the electric clutch to the main spindle that drives the other blade/deck spindles. Another words its the longer of the belts.

3. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Every mower that I know of comes with manuals.

4. Ron McCarty

Ron McCarty LawnSite Member

The BobCat does come with a set-up and parts manual Plus the 2002 plus model years will also come with a trainning vcr tape.
    As your dealer to look around his location and most likely when the shop set it up they placed the manuals some where.

5. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

That's what that little tube is for, usually behind the seat or beside it. Heck, I bought a used 32" with a blown engine from my dealer and it had a manual.

6. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Your dealer is full of it. Make him get you a manual, or it might already be in that tube and he didn't' know enough about the mower to know that. If he won't help contact the manufacturer , they should get you what you need.

7. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

I agree there has to be a manual for that machine. Everything I've ever bought comes with manuals. Especially for that size machine.

8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I think by law one has to be provided when you pick up the machine. i think technically your dealer is supposed to go over the machine with you as well, and show you all the safety switches.

9. Bunton Guy

Tony you were right!!!! I cant beleive I started this nonsense post when it was sitting literally infront of my eyes.

10. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member