mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greengator, Feb 1, 2004.

1. greengator

greengator LawnSite Member

has anyone purchased the new exmark lazer z as? I'm looking to buy a 60'' 23 hp kohler. any info please!

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I just got the lazer 27 hp kohler. Its great, very fast and cuts like a dream.

3. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't recommend anything under 27 HP with 60" deck.

4. greengator

you think mowing yards once a week would be too much for 23 hp?

5. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Explain what you are using mower for? Home, commercial. part time, & also will you be using bagger for it?

6. mowinmoney

mowinmoney LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I would get more HP, learned that lesson 8 years ago. HP is worth its weight in gold..

7. greengator

for commercial use, no bagger. the yards are smaller and customers like them to be mowed often. most people have bermuda grass which cuts pretty easy,but not cut often it can get thick. is there a big difference in 4 horsepower?

8. kels

kels LawnSite Senior Member

what is the price diff. between the 24 and 27?

9. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

You don't want a 23 running a 60''. IMO it would be underpowerd even if your using it once a week. Spot the extra for the 27 if you want to be pleased with the allround results of the mower. Yes there is a noticiable diff in 4 HP!

A 52'' with a 23 would be a better combo.IMO

10. mowit12000

mowit12000 LawnSite Member

greengator,there is not a big diff. in 23hp vs. 27hp, there is a huuuuge diff, we have a toro 62 w/23hp and it is seriously under powered,our 60 exmark w/27hp will run circles around it, no question!