mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cutters edge, Dec 9, 2004.

1. cutters edge

cutters edge LawnSite Member

If you had to have one mower when starting your business. Which one would you have? A walk behind or o turn? Also include what size please. Thank you so much for the feed back!

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

ZT - 54 or 60" you would be surprised how well you can get them into and out of small places.

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Personally, I would choose a ztr or a stander. I really just don't care much for a walk behind and would be willing to spend they extra money to get something better.

4. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Depends on th eproperties I was looking at. Probably go with a walk behind and a sulky first because most jobs here are relatively small. After a year or two I'd get a ztr. if I could get the bigger contracts. I'd bank the ztr money and not buy one until I had the contracts to justify the purchase.

5. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

if you're cutting hills the WB is a better choice. but other than that i'd take the ZTR

6. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I'd pick a 52" Stander.

Im thinking about purchasing one in the spring.

7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

If I had to choose one mower to start with , it would definitely be a 48-52" Stander...no doubt

8. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Quality walkbehind.........of course...I started with a Craftsman Rider....whoa...big mistake.

9. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

I think walk behind... more affordable for starting business, better for smaller yards and hills (which I'm assuming is what most people get when they start out)

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Please describe your target lawn types in detail.