Mowers at Landscapersupply.com

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Youngster, Jul 25, 2000.

1. Youngster

Youngster LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I was browsing around on their webpage and noticed their walkbehinds. They have a 48&quot; Hydro WB with 14 hp kawasaki motor for $3299! This is very cheap compared to other hydros i've priced. has anyone used these machines or know anything about them? Thanks<p>Youngster<p>----------<br>Cashin' in on Others Laziness!!!!<br>

2. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

Youngster,<p>I didn't try the hydro, but I took one of their belt drives around their parking lot....that was enough for me. Not to say it's not worth the money. But if you are spending $3300, go and try it out. The belt drive was a little jerky handling. (my 93 bobcat I bought used handles better).<p>jeff

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I would stay as far away from those units as possible.<br>they are made by black rock (same ownership family as landscapers supply)<br>and they are not a good unit to say the least.

4. Youngster

Youngster LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Well, i should have done a search on this before i posted it!!!! I have already made my mind not to buy one of these! When i did a search every thing i found was bad! Sorry bout wasting the space on the board. LOL. <p>Youngster<p>----------<br>Cashin' in on Others Laziness!!!!<br>

5. cuttin

cuttin LawnSite Member
    from nj

I worked for many years taking care of smaller yards with 21&quot; mowers when I was younger.This is my first year with a 36&quot; belt driven walk behind,and I own the Black Rock/Landsaper Supply.I have found that there was an adjustment period to feel out and learn the machine, but so far, no complaints.I have been maitaining it properly and don't live far from the dealer, so getting parts for maintenace isn't a problem.If you don't have a dealer near you,it will cost you some serious downtime to get a part you don't have delivered.I,too,found it a bit jerky at first,but now can execute the turn/yank process without leaving a mark.I keep the blades very sharp,and both the cut and striping look really nice. This mower worked for me and my budget so far,and the location of the dealer puts me at ease.Again, if you are far from the dealer, you might not want to deal with waiting for parts to be shipped down the line.

6. dougjohnson

dougjohnson LawnSite Member

I bought a 52&quot;hydro from landscapers suply had nothing but trouble the belts for the blades have to be adjusted quite often as well the hydrolics bad, bad machine

7. turfguy

turfguy LawnSite Member

JUNK! NEED I SAY MORE

8. ChrisYanik

ChrisYanik LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

These are excellent machines.....I'd recommend them to anyone.....although I've never personally owned one.<p>Any machine you buy will make you money and last forever if you maintain it well.<p>Most all machined are well engineered. You'll have problems with any machine you buy.<p>To say that one brand of mower is a total piece to junk is an overstatment.<p>I've got 3 Ransomes Bobcats that are all 15 years old and the cut grass just as well as a Scag or Exmark or any other mower as long as they are well maintained.<p>By the way Scag and Exmark both suck. Ransomes Bobcat are the best machines out there.

9. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

&lt;font size=&quot;12&quot;&gt;Huh?&lt;/font&gt;<p><br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Keith

10. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

&quot;Most all machined are well engineered.&quot;<p>This does not mean &quot;all&quot;. Most would exclude Black Rock Mfg from the well-engineered category.<p>Bill