mowers for hire

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by sparcolawn, Aug 22, 2005.

1. sparcolawn

sparcolawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

what does it figure out to be per hour for mowers? walk behinds and Z's, has anyone ever hired them out for other companies or anything? please help ASAP, im trying to get a price together by tomorrow, thanks!

2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Not quite sure I follow your question ;)
    Are you giving a bid on a prop. that is too big for you to handle? Or do you want to sub out your props.? This is a question that will get too many different responses, again it will depend on how much it costs you to run a business.

3. sparcolawn

sparcolawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

its to big and i need to find a company to give me a hand

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

If someone were to call ME for help, I can assure you I would charge them the same price I charge my customers, here in VA that's $45-$50 / hour run-time (meaning while the equipment is physically working) on a 48" Toro proline Wb with velke. 45/hour for the '98, 50/hour for the '05.

I presume this is one of the reasons MOST never call me but also in the situation where it's too much work I would just tell them to call someone else, let the person with the right equipment handle it and it's out of my hands because all this subbing and crap usually is worth a LOT less after it's all said and done than letting the other co. have at it 100% in the first place.

I DO have a part-time lco who calls on me every once in a bit and I guess whatever he wants to do and however he wants to do it, but yes I charge him the same as if he was the home-owner.