Mowers on ebay,

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, May 24, 2006.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I can't beleive the dollar amount these guys are getting on ebay for mowers that are well than half way used up. Example, 60" Lazer 1800 hrs and looks well used (to be nice) current bid, over 4k and pushing 5k. You can buy a new one for another $1500.00 :hammerhead: Another example, 2000 60" Lazer, clean and some new parts,(tires and belts),big deal, its has 3 days left and its up to 4k plus. Again by the time this ones over I bet it will be up towards 5k if not over. 5k-6k for a mower thats 6 years old, I don't think so. What are these guys thinking:confused:

2. nekos

nekos LawnSite Member
    from chicago

im not a big fan of buying used anything !
    for the most part people only get rid of used crap when it no longer works correctly.

i do agree with you ... buying from ebay is a rip off . the prices there are outrageous !

3. dbear

dbear LawnSite Senior Member

nobagger, where you at? Around here, dealers are getting premium dollar for all used units. Case in point: 4k for a Scag TT2561 with 2000+ hours!

They also don't discount new units more than $400. Got an "out-the-door" price on a Husky iZ2361T of $7999. There's a new one listed on ebay from a dealer in TN with a buy-buy-it now of $6400.

It's enough to make me wanna move...

4. fulano

fulano LawnSite Senior Member

Tennessee is a nice place for the most part. There is no state income tax and property and property taxes are relatively cheap.

5. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

I was looking at a 22" blue bird dethatcher, it was about $500 bucks plus shipping but when the bidding was over it went up to .... well it would have cost me about $1200 with shipping if I remember but it was used and I never bought from ebay. I bought a new one for $1700 plus 14% tax Candadian. Glad I did, I also don't like used equipment.

6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I was also looking for a bed edger awhile back on ebay or locally. I found one on ebay, it looked very rough (which is ok) but the winning bid was $1350.00 plus $200.00 for shipping. I bought one used locally that had, at best 20hrs on it for $1250.00.

7. fulano

fulano LawnSite Senior Member

Now you all know that equipment fetches great prices on ebay when you want to sell old equipment do it on ebay to maximize your profits.

8. PJDiesel

PJDiesel LawnSite Member

If you are looking used, the guy you want is right here:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/SCAG-48-HYDRO-W...769214906QQcategoryZ71272QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    He's about 15 minutes over the DE Memorial Bridge.
    Honest, decent prices, stand up guy. I've bought two commercial mowers off of him and been very pleased with both.

Check out some of the mowers he has sold (though his feedback) I don't hink you'll do any better than that.

9. Reliable Lawns

Reliable Lawns LawnSite Member

I think e-bay is the luck of the draw on some of the used stuff. I have gotten some good deals though, an echo blower for $60.00 including shipping, gas hedge trimmer for $75.00, both like new. I just got a Classen power dethatcher for $500.00 including freight, starts right up and dealers say it is worth approx. $900.00. Great deals for me, on the other hand, I got an echo weed eater, the srm 210, retails for about 200.00 new, I got for $120.00, and now have another $100.00 in repairs...so that one is really biting me, but like I said, it the luck of the draw. I am looking for an aerator for the last year, and they really go for crazy high prices on e-bay, then another 2-3 hundred for shipping. No thanks there...........

10. AdamChrap

AdamChrap LawnSite Senior Member

Great I am gona be selling one soon!