1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mowers on ebay

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Uranus, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Does anyone know of this guy? Who is he? Dealer or just a guy who buys and sells mowers. Looks like he has some decent stuff at fair prices. I just dont want to bid on something if he's band-aiding up junk. Hes from Street Maryland.
  2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I see him on there a lot, infact we were going to buy a mower from him (I think his name is Bruce) but the mower sold before we could counter offer. He seems legit but ya never know. I personally would never buy anything from a private owner unless I can see it and drive it. There are a lot of scams like a Ferris diesel 72" deck with 100hrs on it and the "buy it now price" is 2k, come on!
  3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

It says right on his Ebay site that he is a used equipment and parts dealer.
  4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

That user and a few others sell a lot of used equipment on ebay. Commercial mowing equipment which is maintained by user tim-jake is a big seller. Somebody else sells used equipment, I think his store name is quality used equipment. I know his personal name is Seth Fenby (spelling???)
  5. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Notice on the lazer he spray painted around the deck where scratches were. Just be sure to look over it.
  6. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

Bought a JRCO leaf plow from him last month. Only thing missing was a couple of nuts and bolts (he told me about this up front). I replaced them at the local hardware store. Communications were very good and he went out of his way to get it shipped quickly. I had it two days after the sale closed. As usual with ebay sellers and sales, check the "feed back".

7. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

I am reluctant to purchase anything used without looking at it in person. Mainly because I am scared of getting burned