Mowers that reach 4000 hrs

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Turf Commando, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Talked to my local mechanic/dealer and told him it's time for another set of spindle bearings for my tthp. After we got to talking he mention a guy who brought in his mower (Walk-behind) the other day with 4000 hrs (original motor and wheel pumps & motor) he said the mower looks like HELL though... Goes to show what happens when you keep up on maintenance...

2. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

You should see our Exmarks (ZTR's) we leased from weingartz this year..... They look the same way, 5000+ hours on each. There is almost no point of buying the mower if you put on over 3k hours a season. All brand new this year. Gotta Pressure wash them before we return them otherwise we get charged....

Just change the fluids, keep it dirty (holds everything together), Treat them like they are your life (dont run over door knobs and random $H!T)
    Thats about it...

3. nortonlawncare

nortonlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

my walker had some pretty high hours on it before it decided to burn to the ground

4. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you put 3k hrs on a machine in one season, in Michigan no less? Assuming you work for 300 days, thats 10 hrs per day, and I doubt you have 300 days to mow in that far up north. Did I miss something?

5. FoghornLeghorn

FoghornLeghorn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

X-L-S sends him all of his customers that he doesn't want, that's how he gets 3000 hours of mowing per year

6. FoghornLeghorn

FoghornLeghorn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

All kidding aside, I have a Gravely WB with something like 4800 hours on it. It's a 1999, but we've put so much maintenance into it.

After a while, it became more of a pet project to keep it going to see how long it would last.

7. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

what do you guys keep talking about this XLS? I assume there is a thread somewhere that I cannot find.

8. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

XLS is a long time member on here that started a picture thread a while back that was deleted after it got way out of hand, and some outrageous statements were made (mowing 24/7). I have given him a hard time on here, but in talkin to him via PM, He does seem legit, just not at the level, or number that he states. I think he tends to exagerate a bit, but I cant say for sure, I have never met him, just like most guys on here have not.

9. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

The problem w/hours is many machines don't have meters and people guesstimate. The Deere must have 10000hrs that old Craftsman was my grandaddies and has 8000hrs etc. You'd be surprised at people stating hours when their stuff has no meter.

10. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

a meter or nothing.

a mower does not cut as good with that many hours on it, i have never thought so at least. everything is worn badly. seats torn, steering play etc. no thanks, keep em new and warrantied!!!