mowers tough

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by awm, May 9, 2002.

1. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

just a thought . got to thinking about it today when i was about done in .
    man these commercial mowers are hellashusly tough. its amazing what they can take.

2. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

Man I was ticked today!! Lesco Viper(ZTR) 25 Kaw./54 in. deck.
    I went thru everything on this machine last month so to be ready for the weekly grind. New everything.Idler pulleys,filters (oil,air, fuel),belts,etc. Less than a thousand hours on it.
    Today I'm out there mowing and this thing starts to sound like an old John Deere tractor. Blat,blat,blat. Sounds like it's running on one cylinder. Have to check the plugs again I guess. The more time I spend on maintenance,the more problems I have with this machine!:confused: :mad:

3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

sorry dennis,guess i should have said some machines . im running lazer.
    ive owned a mower like that and guess that makes me appreciate a good machine,that much more.aint nothing more aggrevating than working in the field on your mower . gettin further behind all the time.

4. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

Took it in to Lesco this A.M.
    Great bunch there plus the facility mngr. is a friend. Known the bunch for quite a few years now. The mechanic took my machine in first. I left to do a small job nearby,came back and 20 min. later I'm loading the Viper back on the trailer. All it turned out to be was a bad coil. I thought maybe one of the valves got hung up.
    Did not miss a beat. Big sigh!:)

5. Pro-Cut Lawns

Pro-Cut Lawns LawnSite Member

awm
    Ive thought that many times about my lazer. I don't run it near as many hours per week as most of you guys do. I run it part time 4 to 5 hours a night Mon thru Friday and sometimes 8 to 12 hours on Sats, but its ran hard. Its amazing how that machine will keep going with a little maintenance.