1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mowers with great potential, but are over looked

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Gamba, Mar 14, 2005.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Gravely PM310HD Look at the specs. If you know of a mower that you think would be great but is over looked post it here.I will have more.

Attached Files:

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

nice looking mower, but its a bit long...might be toublesome for those with short trailers....The Toro GroundMaster is another top performer, but you don't see many of them on trailers...mostly site work like ball fields and golf courses...
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I have 3 Toro Groundsmasters Marc. You're right, they are long and heavy.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I always liked 3-wheelers JG...that looks like an impressive machine too btw.
  5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

We had the Scag 3 wheeled machines at the city that I worked for years ago they are nice for the right property.But now a days I would prefer a ZTR.
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

O have one of the older models like that, and I STILL get alot of use out of it. It doesn't cut like the Lazer, but it works for back areas of large commercial jobs.
  7. The Wright Sentar !!!

My Dad owns one - after demoing a Dixie and a Gravely ZTR, I can easily see why he bought the Wright.

Me - I still prefer my Exmark walkbehind. But I'm not mowing any large properties that require a Z (yet).
  8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I will second that.
  9. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

So here is the obvious question. If the sentar is so great then why are you selling yours? :confused:
  10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I had a T3100 Ransom, 20Kohler 60"deck. It was great in wet grass but it only went 6MPH. The deck lift was a pull back type that if you did it while moving you would go forward 6MPH :dizzy: .

I dont like gravely hydro deck lift on the Z models BUT on this mower it works very well. I think this mower does 10MPH.Bigger accounts this mower would be ass-um and i remember when i heard they where going to do this. It did take them alittle while but i think its a winner.